As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Our Associate portal can be found here
Missouri offers youth fantastic opportunities to go after a variety of wildlife. However, you must be conversant with Missouri youth hunting regulations if you’re looking to engage in one of the oldest pastimes in the Show-Me State.
With an exception to deer and turkey, hunters between 6 – 15 years old can hunt without a permit in Missouri. Still, they must be accompanied by a certified hunter until they are capable of hunting alone. Youth can bring down quarry using archery, firearms, or both – but it all depends on the season.
If you’re curious about youth hunting in this Midwestern state, read on to find out the regulations you should observe.
Where to Get a Youth Hunting License in Missouri
Hunting licenses and permits are purchased via several channels:
- Local MDC (Missouri Department of Conservation) offices.
- From thousands of permit vendors around the state who sell hunting and fishing equipment.
- By phone call or on the smartphone app.
- Online using a credit card. However, there is a $2 surcharge if you pay with a credit card. Because you must be over 18 to own a credit card in the United States, you can only make purchases as an authorized user on a family member’s credit account.
One significant drawback is that Missouri youth hunting regulations prohibit exchanging licenses once purchased. The state also forbids the transfer of licenses between individuals. You simply forfeit the permit if your plans change for any reason.
After applying, it typically takes about ten days to process. All e-permits are sent via email or the MO Hunting app unless purchased from a physical location.
Do Youth Require Hunter Education Certification?
Hunters must be at least 16 years old to complete an online course. This means that those at least six (6) but not older than fifteen (15) years of age don’t need to complete hunter education in Missouri. The only stipulation is they must hunt under the supervision of an adult aged 18 or older who has a valid hunter education card or was born before January 1, 1967.
Missouri Youth Hunting Regulations: Licenses
Archer’s Hunting Permit
Youth hunters between the ages of 6 and 15, both resident and non-resident, are eligible for the permit for $9.50. You can apply more than once to hunt in multiple open counties. This permit allows youth to hunt using bows and arrows during archery season.
- Deer – Youth can take two deer of either sex but only one antlered deer during archery season.
- Turkey – Missouri’s turkey archery season runs consecutively with the deer archery period. You are limited to one male turkey.
Archery Antlerless Deer Hunting Permit
If you wish to hunt in multiple counties, you can purchase several of these permi