As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Our Associate portal can be found here
AR 15 undoubtedly commands a lot of attention among the modern sporting rifles. Many manufacturers of this top rated firearm have strived to make it available, as their demand continues to soar. The average cost of an AR 15 rifle ranges between $ 500-$2000, and the price certainly guarantees you the value for money.
AR 15 remains one of the most popular sporting rifles among the best-known rifles. In some cases, it is referred to as a civilian rifle. The AR is also used mainly by the military. The AR 15, which was first made by Armalite, is your modern ideal version of a semi-automatic rifle. The Rifle is also one of the most customizable weapons today.
Why Choose the AR 15
The average AR-15 comes in two standard calibers, the 5.56x45mm NATO and the .223 Remington. The two cartridges look almost the same, though bearing different pressures when loaded. The AR 15 prides itself as the longest-serving rifle due to several factors mostly attributed to a general preference. See more caliber options for the AR15 here.
The AR not only stands out as a highly customizable rifle but also has readily swappable parts. It is one of the rifles that can be tailored to suit the aesthetic taste and personal defense needs. Many gun-related accessories are known to work well on AR 15 to improve its aesthetics or performance. They are readily available too.
Its customizable nature allows it to be versatile and easy for any configurations. It can be configured into a high precision rifle using the right accessories and parts. Building your AR 15 rifle is also easy, if you have access to all the parts.
Did you knw you can have it in wood? el, check out our article on Can I Get an AR15 in Wood.
The Modular Design
The AR 15 has two segments; the upper and the lower receivers. An experienced or a regular gun user can swap the two out in seconds. This modularity makes the AR-15 unique among many weapons. It’s relative ease to field strip and reassemble makes it ideal for a sporting rifle. The AR 15 is also easy to clean and maintain.
The AR 15 has a more manageable recoil when shooting than other known rifles. The rifle also bears better ergonomics, making it good for hunting. Its built-in precision is specifically designed to offer accuracy to any user. Some AR 15 models are enhanced with easy-grip hand guards and scope mounts to elevate its shooting ability.
Best AR 15 Rifles and their Average Costs
Some of the Best AR 15 Rifles and their average cost in the market include;
Kaiser US X-7 Monarch Skeletonized BCG Lightweight 5.56 NATO Rifle – 16″
This AR-15 Rifle is a favorite among civilian hunters and law enforcement agencies. The Rifle uses a 5.56 x 45mm NATO caliber with a sub MOA accuracy. Its likeability is significantly due to its accuracy and lightweight. The ability to work in harsh conditions also works best for many gun enthusiasts.
The rifle is built and well designed to weigh 4.1/2 LBS with MFT pistol grip. It also ships with 1 PMAG 30 rounds. Its other specified features include;
- X-7 Polymer / Infused Aluminum Inserts Upper & Lower Receiver
- X-7 Black Polymer (EPC) Ejection port cover
- Low Mass Carrier / Carpenter 158 bolt
- Faxon 16″ Gunner Barrel 1:8.
- It has the Standard Mil Spec, 6-position buffer tube.
- Has a Blackbird Reduced recoil system
- MFT Minimalist Stock with Paracord
- Blackbird X7 15″ w/angle lightweight, M-LOK handguard
- Lower Parts Kit Mil-Spec
- Extended latch 7075 aluminum black anodized charging handle
- Muzzle Device Short Phantom
- It comes with 1 PMAG 30 rounds.
The KUS X-7 Monarch AR-15 Rifle shoots smoothly with an ability to hit targets at 200 yards with much accuracy. Kaiser, we manufacture the firearm.
Average Cost in the market: $1615.00
Primary Weapons Systems .223 Wylde MK1 MOD 2-M Pistol – 7.75.”
The PW MK1 MOD 2-M line features the PWS long stroke piston system. It guarantees a variety of exclusive features such as the PicLok technology that enables you to mount either Picatinny or M LOK accessories on the front of their firearm.
The .223 caliber firearm has a sleek and compact design weighing 5 lb. 10 oz. It is an ideal rifle for shooters seeking the ultimate compact and some reliability.
- It has the PWS long stroke piston operating system
- Has 3-setting adjustable gas system
- It has forged upper and lower receivers
- Eliminated forward assist
- It features the CQB556 compensator
- PicLok free float handguard
- 1:8-barrel twist rate
- Pistol Mounted Solutions Pistol Storage Device
- Length: 24.75-28.25″
- Pistol Piston Operating system
Primary Weapons Systems manufacture the firearm with M-LOK configuration. Its Average Cost is $1742.
Devil Dog Arms RIS-15 .223 Wylde RIFLE – 16.”
The DDA-RIS-15-DS firearm is a semi-automatic rifle with a gas impingement system. It also uses the .223 REM/5.56 NATO caliber.
- Lower receiver: Mil-spec 7075-t6
- Upper Receiver: mil-spec 7075-t6 | m4a4 flat top
- Type III hard black anodized finish
- 16″ 1:7 twist crmv nitride finish Barrel
- DDA Tactical Flash Suppressor Muzzle
- DD RIS front sight, Magpul Mbus rear sight
- DDA Aluminum free float 13″ RIS Handguard Forend
The Rifle weighs 7.0 lb without a magazine with a length of 36 inches. The firearm is manufactured by Devil Dog firearms bearing a 1/2X28 Thread configuration.
Its average cost is $ 1129.
Sig Sauer Tread M400 AR-15 5.56 NATO Rifle – 16
The M400 TREAD is an aluminum frame rifle that has a direct impingement operating system. The gun features a 16-inch stainless steel barrel bearing a free-floating M-LOK handguard. It also has a hard-coat trigger with ambidextrous controls and a mid-length gas system. The firearm uses a 223REM/5.56 NATO Caliber.
- It has LOK handguard with lightening cuts that significantly reduce weight
- Features 3 chamber compensator
- Ambidextrous charging handle of an aircraft-grade aluminum quality
- It has Flip-up front and rear iron sights. They are easy to install, adjust and quick for deployment
- M-LOK front sight adapter with co-witness height made of lightweight aluminum
- Multiple configurations of M-LOK grip kits made of high strength polymer
- Factory upgraded flat blade, single-stage trigger.
- The Overall Length-782mm, Barrel Length-406mm
- Overall Width-64 mm, Height-191mm with a weight of 3.2kg
Caracal CAR814 A2 Rifle – 16″
The CAR814 A2 is a gas-operated and tactical rifle that was originally designed for law enforcement and military applications. The firearm is now available for consumers as a semi-automatic rifle with a 5.56x45mm NATO.
The rifle is built, offering the end-user with a durable, reliable, and accurate weapon system.
- CAR814 A2 rifle package includes a flip-up rear sight, cleaning kit, and one 30-round magazine.
- It is well built to withstand rugged environments, including harsh temperatures.
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty covering the rifle from all material and artistry defects for the rifle’s life under the ownership of the original end-user.
- It has a gas-operated and direct impingement Operating principle.
- Overall Length of 922mm, Barrel Length 406mm
- Barrel contour: Modified M4
- Rifling twist: 1:7” (1:178mm)
- Flash hider: A2 Style – ½”-28 Threads
- Sight radius: 14″ (355.6mm)
- Weight w/o magazine: 7.0 lbs. (3.18 kg)
- Trigger type: Mil-Spec
- Magazine type: Aluminum
- Magazine capacity: 30 rounds / 10 rounds
Caracal manufactures the Rifle with a good design that is under NATO standards.
Its average cost in the market: $ 950.00
Barrett REC7 5.56 NATO Flyweight Rifle – Burnt Bronze Cerakote 16″
The REC7 features the ergonomics of the AR-style rifle with a short-stroke gas piston operating system. It has a black nitride coated gas block with two positions. The positions ensure a suppressed or unsuppressed shooting, hence the reliability of the shot. The position also helps to avoid unnecessary wear from over speeding the action.
The upper receiver and the barrel extension of the rifle feature M4 feed ramps that offer reliability. The lightweight and free-float handguard have a full-length M1913 Picatinny top rail with accessory mounting slots at various positions.
- 5.56 NATO Caliber
- Gas Piston Operating System
- 16-inch Barrel Length
- 34.5- overall length
- Weight: 6.1 lbs.
- Mag. Capacity of 20R
Barrett manufactures the Barrett REC7. It has a 1/2X28 Thread configuration.
The average cost in the market: $1999.00
AR 15 Rifle Parts and Accessories
Rifle parts and accessories aid in the performance and personalization of your firearm. The AR 15 rifles have many accessories that can be mounted onto and help it work better for you. See our article on How Much Does AR15 Ammo Cost for more insights.
Kriss USA AR-15 Steel Rear Flip-Up Sight – BLACK
This is a shallow profile sight designed to tuck entirely out of vision whenever it gets folded. The sight features two apertures of 1.5mm diameter and 4.5mm diameter, both for different lighting and shooting conditions.
Bobro Compact Dual Lever Precision Optic Mount – 1MM Low
The mount base clears the ejection area when installed on a platform to ensure reliable ejection and not interfere with field stripping. This Low mount was designed to work correctly on systems where a low mount that utilizes minimal rail space is preferred.
Fortis MFG Switch AR15 MOD 2 Rail System – 9.6″ MLOK
The Fortis Rail System is an extremely lightweight but robust free float rail system designed for the AR rifles. It offers a more streamlined appearance to the rail. The Rail System also allows the shooter to utilize the smaller rail diameter to more effectively manipulate the weapon.
Night Fision Night Switch AR Rifle Safety Selector Switch
The Night vision Night Switch is designed to fit the Standard AR-15 Rifles. It features the Custom Screw, Standard detent, and a spring.
Nemo Arms AR-15 Handguard W/ KIT – 10.3″
The NEMO 556 handguard provides superior heat shielding. It is also an innovative mounting system that provides a rigid and lightweight solution. Its stainless steel fasteners and retainers ensure resistance to corrosion.
With the popularity of the AR 15 rifle, you can never worry about finding it in your local gun store. This also means you will find the guns at favorable prices due to their high quantity in the market. Get yours today.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
36 years old, been hunting and fishing my entire life – love the outdoors, family, and all kinds of hunting and fishing! I have spent thousands of hours hunting hogs and training hunting dogs, but I’m always learning new stuff and really happy to be sharing them with you! hit me up with an email in the contact form if you have any questions.