As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Our Associate portal can be found here
The Springer Spaniel Lab Mix is among the top ten most popular dog breeds in the US. Springadors are often medium to large in size and smart, outgoing dogs that are moderately costly to keep. But before you proceed to get yours, you might want to consider the following:
- What is a springer spaniel lab mix?
- What are the characteristics of a springer spaniel lab mix?
- Why would you want one?
- Is it suitable for hunting?
- Where can you get one, and how much does it cost?
General insight on the Springer spaniel lab mix dog
You get a Springador from breeding the Springer Spaniel and the Labrador Retriever dog. Other names used to refer to the dog are; Labradinger, Springer Spandor, and English Springador. The dog is loyal, friendly, and smart. The pups are likely to inherit the best qualities of both parents.
The Springador is famous for its devotion to families, friendly attitude, intelligence, and the ability to learn new skills. It is best suited for working or hunting. However, they are most likely to suffer from loneliness and boredom if left alone without playtime.
Characteristics of a springer spaniel lab mix
The Springador is a hybrid or designer dog expected to have the best traits of the crossbreed. Therefore, it is only fair to evaluate how true this is.
- The English Springer Spaniel is especially sweet, fun, and affectionate for a family or individual pet.
- They are brilliant and, therefore, best suited for all sorts of dog training.
- They are a good match for individuals who lead active outdoor lives.
- Springadors provide utmost companionship, especially for first-time dog owners with time in their hands.
- They perform well with active kids although they might require playtime supervision
- They are economical to keep and maintain
- Springadors are very active dogs that demand daily exercises or playtime.
- The dog sheds all year heavily, especially during spring and autumn.
- It is not suitable for individuals living in apartments or houses without playing space or a lawn.
- The dog demands so much attention to shelter it from loneliness and boredom.
- They are the worst watchdogs due to their social and kind nature.
Springer spaniel lab mix for a pet
If you are looking for a smart, friendly, intelligent, and active dog for yourself or your family, the Springador might be the dog for you. The personality of this mixed breed is super fun and thrives in love bonds with human beings.
The dog craves companionship and is happy to be part of your day to day life. Its dire need for attention may lead to the development of negative traits where it is not getting enough.
Also, the dog is very active and super happy to play on the lawn, take long walks, or go for some wild hunting. Therefore, the dog is well suited for families that love outdoor activities. It is also ingenious and takes to learn commands as well as how to undertake activities like hunting or catching ball pretty well.
Hunting with a springer spaniel lab mix
The Springer Lab Mix breed is an intelligent dog that performs well in outdoor activities. These include hunting. However, to train the dog, you will first have to create a good bond with the dog at its puppy stage.
This way, you will be able to teach the dog long distance retrieval skills from a young age. Also, you will be able to identify what skills they have inherited from both worlds and maximize on them. But remember, control is essential because of the gunning involved in a hunt.
Also, you don’t want it to flush your game within a gunshot. Therefore, you might want to train it to stay at a quarter close range for better command. However, we can say that a well-trained Springador is a dog to look forward to bringing on a hunting expedition.
Where you can purchase a springer spaniel lab mix and for how much
The Springador is an economical dog breed that goes for about $480. This is the average cost parent breed puppies.
Unfortunately, the dog is a hybrid and is therefore not listed by The American Kennel Club for breeding purposes. Hence there is no standard way of finding out whether the dog is well breed.
However, you can purchase a Springer spaniel lab mix at Pets4Homes at $480 or newsnow.co.uk for up to $100. On average, you can buy a Springador for about €503 in the UK.
The Springador makes an exquisite member of any super active individual or family member. However, it is only relatively accurate to say that a well-trained Springador can hunt like any other good hunting dogs.
Read more on the subject:
Obedience training for hunting dogs
What types of hunting dogs are there?
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
36 years old, been hunting and fishing my entire life – love the outdoors, family, and all kinds of hunting and fishing! I have spent thousands of hours hunting hogs and training hunting dogs, but I’m always learning new stuff and really happy to be sharing them with you! hit me up with an email in the contact form if you have any questions.