As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Our Associate portal can be found here
Hunting running deer has never been an easy task. To be successful, you need the best sighting devices for your shooting to be successful. A scope will come in handy to ensure that you have a good aim and a perfect shot. Scopes magnify the image by the diversion of light through the internal lens.
Why You Need the Best Scopes for Running Deer
Magnification of the Target
A scope magnifies the image you see, thus making it easy and clear to see your target. Even better is that it makes the hunting exercise safe, as you can see what is behind your target.
Shooting in a Low Light
When you are using a scope, it accentuates the available light—making the image brighter than using a naked eye. Meaning you can hunt early in the morning and in the evenings.
With the market offering myriad options, you can easily end up picking one that is unfit for your rifle. Below is a list of our top scopes you will find in the market.
Best and Most Convenient Scope for Running Deer
Bushnell 756185 Trophy 6-18x50mm Rifle Scope
- Fully multi-coated optics and rain guard HD offer 91% light transmission in any weather
- 100% waterproof, Fogproof and shockproof 1 inch one-piece tube construction with integrated saddle
- 6-18X magnification with multi-x reticle and 3.5 inch eye relief with side Parallax adjustment
- Fast-focus eyepiece and 1/4 MOA fingertip windage and elevation adjustments
- Backed by Bushnell no Questions Asked Lifetime Warranty
The Bushnell 756185 Trophy 6-18x50mm Riflescope tops our list. Using the device will give you a bright viewing experience even with low light, thanks to the multi-coated optics.
Featuring Amber-bright lens coating, this scope offers high contrast and million vivid colors. It is an all-weather device since it is water, fog, and shockproof. If you need a great viewing angle, Bushnell 756185 Trophy 6-18x50mm Riflescope will offer unlimited eye-relief. To shoot an object within an adjustment range of 70-100 yards, Bushnell will provide you with a perfect view.
Unique Features of this Scope
- Matte Black with a 1/4 MOA Dot reticle
- Water and shockproof construction
- Nitrogen for fog proof
- Long-life battery
- Mounting is easy
- It is visible in any light conditions
- It is adjustable and also easy to use
- Conservation of battery is not automatic
- It is small for a larger rifle.
Best Long Range Rifle Scope for Running Deer
Vortex Optics Diamondback Riflescope
- The Diamondback Tactical First Focal Plane 4-16x44 stands at the intersection of precision and value, delivering an impressive array of features and performance.
- Extra-low dispersion glass and fully multi-coated lenses transmit a crisp, bright sight picture. The first focal plane, glass-etched reticle keep subtensions accurate throughout the 4x zoom range.
- The precision-glide erector system uses premium components in the zoom lens to ensure smooth magnification changes under the harshest conditions.
- Exposed tactical turrets and a side parallax knob give shooters the tools needed for long distance precision shooting. The fast focus eyepiece allows quick and easy reticle focusing.
Vortex Optics Diamondback is a worthy investment for those who wish to have a scope for long-range shooting. The turrets are adjustable, and you only use your finger to instantly zero sets; they can provide you with a zero-reset after sight in. It comes with white color, thus ensuring visibility.
This scope is built with an accuracy glide erector system specifically meant to offer you a precise tracking. For instant focusing and plain sailing, it has a fast-focus eyepiece.
- Solid one-eye tube
- Metal turret
- Multi-coated lenses
- Dead-Hold BDC
- Shock resistance
- Suitable for long-range, big games and even muzzleloader
- Has a hard-anodized finish
- The eye box is slightly small.
- Around 10×- 12× is a little cloudy on the edges.
Best Long Range and Short Range Rifle Scope for Running Deer
CVLIFE Hunting Rifle Scope 6-24×50 AOE Red and Green Illuminated Scope
- Magnification: 6-24x
- Objective Diameter: 50mm
- Field Of View: 28 ft @ 100 yards
- Click Value: 1/8 inch @ 100 yards
- Illuminated Type of the rifle scope: Red and Green
The riflescope is ideal for objects at close, long-range, and objects in motion. CVLIFE Hunting Rifle Scope 6-24×50 AOE can magnify objects up to 6-24 times. The objective is an AOE and has a knob on the left that allows you to adjust the scope to a parallax distance, and you adjust until you get a perceived clear picture. Once you have zeroed the scope, you can be sure to get an accurate shot. The gear is solid, sturdy, and easy to adjust.
Unique Features of this Scope
- 6-24 magnification
- 50mm objective diameter
- Illuminated Red and Green rifle scope
- Field of view 28ft at 100 yards
- Doesn’t fog
- Easy to mount
- High magnification
• A bit heavy
Factors to Consider When Buying a Scope
Reticle Design That You Need for Your Rifle
Reticles are very important for they show you where your shot will go once you pull the trigger. They come with many designs, and it is important to choose one that is appropriate for the distance that you need to use it and the activity you use to use it. The designs include:
- Crosshair reticle
- Duplex reticle
- Mil-Dot reticle
Time of the Day You Will Be Carrying Your Scope and the Distance You Tend to Shoot At
The distance and the time of the day affect the size of the objective lens used. If you are walking for long distances looking for games, you should opt for a lighter and small objective lens diameter. If you want one with a high field of view, you should go for one with a larger objective lens.
Size of the Target and the Distance You Intend to Shoot Your Target
The distance and the size of the target affect how much you are going to magnify it so that you can get an accurate shot. If your hunting is in a dense area, you may not need one with very high magnification power. A 3.5 x7 or 8 will be ideal.
A rifle scope specification is always indicated by two sets of numbers: magnification power and the ability to gather. The two groups of numbers affect how the gear performs.
Fixed or Variable
Specification of 4×32, for the fixed and 3-10 ×44, for the variable.
When you see a scope indicated 4×32, it means that it has a magnification power of 4. This means the image will appear four times closer than when you are using your naked eye.
A scope that is indicated 3-9×44 means the image can be adjusted 3 to 9 times. Adjustable scopes have a power ring that is used to change the magnification setting of the scope.
The second number indicates the objective lens. For example, in 3 ×10, the objective diameter is indicated by the “10”. The lens is located at the front part of your eye’s scope, furthest, and close to your viewing image. The larger the objective diameter, the more light it will capture, and mow light means you will have a brighter view.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
36 years old, been hunting and fishing my entire life – love the outdoors, family, and all kinds of hunting and fishing! I have spent thousands of hours hunting hogs and training hunting dogs, but I’m always learning new stuff and really happy to be sharing them with you! hit me up with an email in the contact form if you have any questions.